The High Level workshop organized by PARM with the support of the Ministry of Agriculture (MAER) and NEPAD was held in Dakar on the 6th of July 2017. The main goal was to share the final results of the PARM process to the Senegalese authorities and to the bilateral technical and financial partners.
The objective of the workshop was to share the results obtained on Agricultural Risk Management (ARM) in Senegal and to see how to integrate them into the national strategic papers. More specifically the workshop aimed to:
- Raise stakeholder awareness on ARM policies and rural finance instruments;
- Present and discuss the two feasibility studies on remittances and access to information;
- Present and discuss the capacity development initiative to institutionalize ARM in national and regional academic programs within partner universities;
- Define the axes of an action plan including a monitoring framework to support the implementation of the ARM tools;
- Establish a roadmap on the sustainability of agricultural risk management activities in Senegal.
The results of the feasibility studies on remittances and access to information were also shared. The tools addressed raised the interest of the government and the technical and financial partners, whom confirmed their relevance and the need to put into place synergies to ensure their implementation.