The PARM Secretariat, hosted by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) in Rome, is looking for a highly motivated intern! Deadline for applications is set to 13 July 2016.
The Platform for Agricultural Risk Management (PARM), a G20 initiative dedicated to putting agricultural risk management at the heart of plans and policies, is looking for an intern.
The intern will support the PARM team in searching and organizing risk management information on developing countries; support the PARM team in analyzing agricultural risk information, including through statistical tools; support PARM in developing country profiles, briefs and other documents; support in the organization of seminars or workshops; learn on applied agricultural risk management analysis in developing countries and create human capital on this area.
Duty Station: Rome, Italy
Length of assignment: a maximum of 6 months.
- Knowledge or experience on agricultural risk management issues and analytical methods
- Basic statistical skills for risk analysis of time series and use of statistical software
- Skills in presenting complex information into simple texts, graphs and tables
- Interest and motivation in learning and working in an International development environment
- Results-oriented team contributor
Languages: Fluency in English. Knowledge in French or other of the IFAD official languages (Arabic or Spanish) would be an advantage.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or recognized professional Qualification in agricultural economics or related topic
Learn more about this opportunity
The PARM Secretariat is hosted by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD), in Rome. As such, the PARM internship programme is subject to the rules and regulations of the IFAD internship programme. Learn more about it here.
Apply to this internship
- Create your Personal History From (PHF) and register on the interns database through the IFAD website
- Download and send your PHF, along with a letter of motivation, to the PARM Secreatariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is set to 13 July 2016.
Applications from women and men and from nationals of under-represented member states are particularly encouraged.
Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.